The first in a series of popular outdoor live music performances wowed the socially distanced crowds on Saturday afternoon (3 July) when the Misterons performed popular covers in Argents Mead.
To the relief of the audience, the rain stayed away from this weekend’s Music in the Mead, a free entry event that is organised by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council on Saturdays throughout the summer months.
Other performances coming up this summer include:
- 24 July – Sam Southall performs popular covers
- 31 July – The Sounds of Swing – Dean Thomas performs a one man tribute to all things swing
- 14 August – Steven Faulkner with his band, playing songs from his critically acclaimed recent releases
- 21 August – Out of Gas perform popular covers
- 28 August – Supersonic 90s perform hits from the nineties including hits by Oasis, Pulp, Suede, Foo Fighters, Republica, The Lightning Seeds, James, Robbie Williams and many more
- 11 September – 4th Avenue perform iconic songs from a variety of genres
- 18 September – To be confirmed
The event takes place from 1pm to 3pm and is free to attend with no booking required. Organisers have re-designed the event to be Covid-secure with event stewards on hand. Hand sanitising stations are also available.
Executive Member for Town Centres, Councillor Keith Nichols said:
My thanks to the events team for all of their work in re-starting these very popular events and special thanks to everyone who came along and supported the event. It’s been a difficult year for everyone and we hope these live music events over the coming months will bring back a little much-needed normality.