Published Thursday, 28 January 2021
Information issued by Leicestershire Police:
As cybercrime and fraud continues to rise, and with Safer Internet Day just around the corner we are inviting residents across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland to join us as we host a webinar to raise cyber awareness and resilience, helping everyone to become safer online.
Are you are interested in finding out more about protecting your accounts, using social media safely, online banking and shopping, keeping children safe online and understanding more about fraud and scams to help you win the battle against cyber criminals?
This is a non-tech session and will cover:
- Device safety and protection
- Password Guidance and account security
- Protecting your personal information
- Using social media safely
- Risks of free or public Wi-Fi
- Social engineering and phishing emails/texts
- Telephone and letterbox scams
- Where to report
- Safe online shopping and online banking
- Keeping youngsters safe online – advice on home-schooling
- Safer Internet Day – using tech responsibly, respectfully, critically and creatively
- Signposting to further sources of support and resources
There’s something for everyone, including advice to help keep parents, youngsters and grandparents safe!
To book a place on one of the free webinars, please book through Eventbrite using the links below: