Published Thursday, 22 July 2021
A series of drop-in events have been planned for residents, community groups, local businesses and others with an interest in the Local Plan.
Here they will have the opportunity to meet with planning officers who will answer questions, discuss views, and provide advice on how to submit comments.
The Local Plan is the key planning document for the borough and it will guide future development in Hinckley and Bosworth up to 2039. The draft plan sets out a preferred strategy for housing and economic growth, and includes a number of planning policies covering a range of issues such as conserving and enhancing the natural and historic environment, sustainable transport, good design and responding to the challenges of climate change. The policies will be used to guide development and respond to economic, environmental and social issues within the borough.
Dates and time for the sessions are:
- Wednesday 28 July 2021, 2pm to 7pm – Burbage Millennium Hall, Britannia Road, Burbage, LE10 2HF
- Monday 2 August 2021, 2pm to 7pm – Sheepy Memorial Hall, Main Road, Sheepy Magna, CV9 3QU
- Thursday 5 August 2021, 11am to 3pm – Snapdragon Festival, Argents Mead, Hinckley, LE10 1FL
- Monday 9 August 2021, 2pm to 7pm – Markfield Community & Sports Centre, Mayflower Close, Markfield, LE67 9ST
- Wednesday 11 August 2021, 2pm to 7pm – Newbold Verdon Sports Pavilion, Alans Way, Newbold Verdon, LE9 9LB
Councillor David Bill, Executive Member for Planning said:
The Government requires the borough to plan for significant levels of new development through the local plan. This consultation provides local residents with the ability to make their views known on how this growth should be accommodated. These drop-in sessions are a great opportunity for residents and businesses to put forward their comments, ask questions to officers, and find out how to respond to the consultation document. It is everyone’s opportunity to have their say on the future of the borough.
As well as being available to view and download Draft Local Plan on the website, printed copies of the document will be located at libraries within the borough and at the Hinckley Hub.
Further details on the consultation, an online questionnaire, and the event schedule can be found on our website.
The consultation will run for eight weeks and ends on Friday 27 August.