Published Monday, 02 August 2021
Hinckley music lovers were treated to the Sounds of Swing on Saturday afternoon (31 July) as Dean Thomas returned to entertain the socially distanced crowds in Argents Mead.
Fortunately, the rain largely stayed away from this weekend’s Music in the Mead, a free entry event organised by the Borough Council on Saturdays throughout the summer months.
Other performances to look forward to this summer include:
- 14 August – Steven Faulkner with his band, playing songs from his critically acclaimed recent releases
- 21 August – Out of Gas perform popular covers
- 28 August – Supersonic 90s perform hits from the nineties including hits by Oasis, Pulp, Suede, Foo Fighters, Republica, The Lightning Seeds, James, Robbie Williams and many more
- 11 September – 4th Avenue perform iconic songs from a variety of genres
- 18 September – To be confirmed
The event takes place from 1pm to 3pm and is free to attend with no booking required. Organisers have redesigned the event to be Covid-secure with event stewards on hand. Hand sanitising stations are also available.